Welcome to this blog. My 7 1/2 year old son was diagnosed with Ambloypia or Lazy Eye. I created this blog as a way to document the challenges we face and his progress. I will be thinking positive that he will fall into the percentile that can overcome this disorder.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

First day of school with the patch

We have been patching since Friday.  We are supposed to do 4-6 hours (I wish they would give me a specific time frame but...).  On Friday my son cried for 3 1/2 hours.  He was so mad at me.  My son is very spoiled and is used to getting what he wants to his cries were just him hoping I'd give in.

Sat through today we have been doing good.  My son gets up and brings a new patch to be put on.  He tries to put it on himself.  I double check to make sure it is completely covered.

So this morning when I dropped him off I talked to his teacher (I kept him home on Friday and I left her a message.)  She is seems very supportive.  She told me that she already spoke with the class to talk about my son being patched and has told him that if any of the kids make fun of him for him to come to her.

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment